Migration Service is available for one time migration of Product and Customer Data from Shopify to Lightspeed Retail. This makes onboarding with Lightspeed simple and easy.
Important: Due to limitations in how Shopify and Lightspeed handle images, the migration of product images is not supported.
To perform the migration, our Team will require full access to both Lightspeed and Shopify:
- Lightspeed Retail Credentials (admin level login and password)
- Shopify Credentials (admin level login and password)
- Products must have unique SKUs in Shopify for the migration to successfully complete.
- Products with no SKU can be migrated, but it is recommended that all products have a SKU.
Lightspeed and Shopify have limitations that require careful consideration and data preparation. The most common Lightspeed errors are caused by special characters which are not supported by their API. These include: < > ' " \ &
Case by Case Examples
The Accumula Migration Process will replace all Ampersands with the word "and". If the ampersand is the first character in a field, the a in and will be capitalized.
- "Example & Example" becomes "Example and Example"
- "Example&Example" becomes "ExampleandExample"
- "& Example" becomes "And Example"
...will remove all backslashes.
- "Example\Example" becomes "ExampleExample"
- "\Example" becomes "Example"
...will include apostrophes on migration.
- "Five o'clock" will migrate as "Five o'clock"
...will include quotes on migration.
- "6" Boards" becomes "6" Boards"
- "1/2" screws" becomes "1/2" screws"
...will convert less than to "lt", and greater than to "gt" on migration.
- " 4<5" becomes "4lt5"
- "<funny>" becomes "ltfunnygt"
- "<" becomes "lt"
- ">" becomes "gt"
Initial Sync Settings
To protect your data in Shopify, initially only Inventory will be enabled for update. Product Update and Order Download settings will be reviewed after the migration, and we often recommend most Product Update settings remain disabled.
Products will be migrated to Lightspeed according to how those products are arranged on Shopify.
- Shopify Products with multiple Variants become Lightspeed Matrices.
- Shopify Variants become items which are a part of a Lightspeed Matrix.
- Shopify Products with One Variant become single items in Lightspeed.
Weights stored in Shopify are always converted to grams when exported by Shopify. No conversion is done by the migration process. Weights can be adjusted after all data is migrated by using Data Tools, or Update Weights to Shopify can remain disabled.
Lightspeed sometimes errors when processing Long Description data from Shopify that includes special characters, embedded code, or images.
Shopify Barcodes become Lightspeed UPCs. Lightspeed requires that all UPCs are 11 to 14 numeric characters. If any Barcodes are outside of 11 to 14 characters they will not be included in the data sent to Lightspeed and UPC will be left blank.
Lightspeed will automatically make these changes to Tags:
- Remove spaces. Lightspeed does not support tags with spaces.
- Remove some special characters such as #.
Additionally, Lightspeed's API does not support certain tags such as "0" and "00". These tags will need to be removed before being imported.
Size / Color / Third Options
Lightspeed does not support certain values that get converted to a blank by their API. This includes "0" and "00". These values will need to be adjusted or removed before being imported into Lightspeed.
Product Options Settings
If your Shopify data includes any products with three options a Lightspeed Matrix Attribute Set will need to be created with three options.
- Accumula's team will use the provided credentials to review for Special Characters and any data that may cause errors when processed by Lightspeed's API.
- We will then provide a report highlighting any concerning data that we find.
- Before you proceed with the remaining migration steps you can make any changes to your data to prepare it for migration keeping the above expectations and special character handling in mind.
- Notify Accumula's support team by email that you're ready to continue with the Migration.
- One final review of your Shopify data will be made and if no concerns need to be raised the Accumula team will begin the migration of your Shopify data to Lightspeed.
- Once the migration begins, do not create or update any product data in Shopify. Orders and Customers can still be created.
- Migration of data from Shopify to Lightspeed Retail Cloud can take up to 24 hours or longer to complete. Timeline is determined by data volume.
- Once the migration is complete, the Accumula migration team will review the data in your Lightspeed account. Do not login and make any changes to the Lightspeed data until our team has finished review and concluded all data has been successfully migrated.
Post Migration Review and Wrap Up
- The Accumula Migration team will review Product Update and Order settings. We will review if any Product Update settings should remain off to prevent data corruption. Some Tax settings may need review if orders are to be synced.
- If additional data needs to be imported or updated in Lightspeed, please make sure we're aware so that we can assist.
- At this stage the Migration is complete. If you have any questions please make sure our support team is aware. If you need assistance with Lightspeed training we can refer you to one of our partners who offers Lightspeed training on an hourly basis.