Data Tools makes it possible to import new or updated Item data in bulk. This is particularly helpful if you need to apply tags to a large number of Lightspeed Items.
- Review Important Details and Best Practices before preparing an import or importing data.
- Do Not Update Blank Fields must remain set to ON to protect your data.
- Clear Quantities and other optional fields from your file unless you want to change them with your import.
- Matrix Group Name - For items in a Matrix, including the name of the Matrix in the "Matrix Group Name" field will update the Matrix to replace tags, categories, and other fields with data from the item import.
API Imports require the full import template. All columns and headers must be intact. If any cells or columns were deleted your data may have shifted and cause data corruption on import.
- Matching Field - This can be System ID, UPC, EAN, Custom SKU, or Manufacturer SKU. This must be a unique and exact match to avoid updating or duplicating the incorrect item.
- Description is required. This must be an exact match to avoid changing the item description.
- Any data you want to import or update.
Integrating with Ecommerce
To sync an Item to Ecommerce it should contain:
- Accumula Tag - To flag an Item to sync it must be tagged with "accumula" or a web ready tag.
- Matrix Tags - Matrices also require the "accumula" tag for any of the associated items to be created.
- Description - A name is required.
- Price - A non-zero price is usually required.
How To Import Item Updates
- Export your Items from Lightspeed.
- Follow the guidelines on this page and in our documentation to create your import file.
- Login at Accumula.co.
- Navigate to Apps > Data Tools > Items.
- Choose a Shop (for quantities and reorder levels/points)
- Choose your file (CSV format only).
- Choose your matching field (System ID strongly recommended)
- Select Import.
Where to find the Item Import tool in Data Tools
In addition to the above we recommend the following best practices when working with Item Data for Import:
- Lightspeed does not support special characters, spaces, or case sensitivity in the Tags field.
- If you have an export to work with, Matching on System ID is recommended.
- If creating Items using Data Tools, we recommend running two imports. One to create the Items without tags, and a second to add the tags.
Have questions this page doesn't answer? Check with our support team!
Article is closed for comments.