IMPORTANT! You will be importing to your active Lightspeed Retial database. Lightspeed Retail does not have a backup function so be sure to run an Item Export and check that all of your data is prepared properly before importing. Check it 3 times. We urge you to do a small test of 2-3 products before performing a large import.
- Matching Field - Include information for the field that will be matched on for the existing items; either SystemID, UPC, EAN, CustomSKU, or ManufacturerSKU. This must be a unique and exact match to avoid updating the wrong item or a single item multiple times.
- Description - Include item Descriptions from LightSpeed Retail in the import template. This must be an exact match to avoid changing the item description.
- Blank Columns - You may choose to include information only in the fields you want to be updated. In this case, all other fields (besides Matching field and Description) can be left blank and Do Not Update Blank Fields must be set to On.
- Choose the file with the item update information.
- Select the matching field
- If your file contains blank columns that you do not wish to update, Set Do Not Update Blank Fields to ON
- Import file.