To update items via Data Tools you will need to use our Item Import Template.
Important: Data Tools imports directly to your active Lightspeed Retail database.
Important: Lightspeed Retail does not have a backup function so be sure to run an Item Export. Save a copy of the export to use as a backup.
Important: Check that all of your data is prepared properly before importing. Check it 3 times. We urge you to do a small test import of less than ten products before performing a large import.
The following information must be present in each update file:
- Matching Field - This can be SystemID, UPC, EAN, CustomSKU, or ManufacturerSKU. This must be a unique and exact match to avoid updating the incorrect item.
- Description - Include item descriptions from Lightspeed Retail in the import template. This must be an exact match to avoid changing the item description.
- Blank Columns - Columns and Headers must not be deleted. You may choose to include information only in the fields you want to be updated. In this case, all other fields (besides Matching field and Description) can be left blank and Do Not Update Blank Fields must be set to On.
Note: Lightspeed's API does not support updating Archived items via the API. Attempting to update an archived item will cause a duplicate to be created in Lightspeed.
Once the template has been set up and saved in CSV format:
- Login at Accumula.com and navigate to Apps > Data Tools
- Select the Item tab.
- Choose your CSV format import file with your item update information.
- Select the matching field.
- Optional: Change Do Not Update Blank Fields Setting.
- Click "Import" to import the file.
Important: Do Not Update Blank Fields is set to ON by default. Turning this setting off will erase the data in Lightspeed if the associated field is blank in your import file.