IMPORTANT! You will be importing to your active LightSpeed Cloud database. LightSpeed Cloud does not have a backup function, so be sure that all of your data is prepared properly before importing. Check it 3 times. We urge you to do a small test of 2-3 products before performing a large import.
Ensure the following information is true for all customers:
- Select the field that will be matched on from the existing Customers in LightSpeed Cloud. This must be an exact match on either Email Address, Custom Contact, or First Name / Last Name.
- Include information for the fields to be updated.
Once the template has been set up and saved as a CSV file, login to accumula.com
and go to Apps>Import Tools and select the Customer Import tab:
- Choose the file with the item update information.
- Select the matching field
- Set Update Matching Customers to ON
- Import file.
The import template MUST contain the matching field Email Address, Custom or First Name / Last Name.
Update Matching Customers MUST be set to ON to ensure matching customers are updated or new customers will be created.
There is not a 'Do Not Update Blank Fields' option when updating customer information. Be sure to export customer information first, make a duplicate copy of that export to have as a backup, make changes to the fields that you will be updating, and then reimport. This will ensure customer data set up in Lightspeed isn't overwritten by blank fields