Accumula provides complete integration of inventory to Magento, more than just updating inventory quantities.
Inventory data flows from point of sale TO Magento, with point of sale acting as Inventory Master. Publish full inventory data from your point of sale just by adding the webstore tag in the point of sale. Accumula integrates Magento with the following point of sale systems:
Important Product Attributes
The Magento SKU is the primary key for identifying products in Magento. SKU is mapped from CustomSKU/Product Code in point of sale by Default. If no CustomSKU is present in Lightspeed Retail, Accumula will use the SystemID as the SKU for the Item (ie. 210000004657). You can also select a SKU Source, using the SKU Source setting for more matching options.
Sell on Webstore Box/Webstore Tag
Each Product, Item, or Matrix that you wish to publish or sync to Magento must be tagged with "webstore" (Lightspeed Retail, Springboard, Vend) or have the "Sell on Webstore" box checked (Lightspeed Onsite).
Accumula Product Attributes
Accumula creates several Product Attributes in Magento:
- accumula_color - color attribute for configurable products
- accumula_size - size attribute for configurable products
- accumula_third - third attribute for configurable products
- upc - upc code for product
- brand - family/manufacturer of product
- length - length attribute of product
- height - height attribute of product
- width - width attribute of product
If you have an existing Magento Store, Accumula will be setup to map to existing attributes for color, size, and brand, that you provided. This information is requested at setup.
Magento Attribute Sets
Accumula also creates 5 new Product Attribute Sets in Magento:
- Accumula Simple - attribute set for single products
- Accumula Configurable - attribute set for Size/Color matrix configurable products
- Accumula SizeOnly Configurable - attribute set for Size Only matrix configurable products
- Accumula ColorOnly Configurable - attribute set for Color Only matrix configurable products
- Accumula 3 Attribute Configurable - attribute set for 3 Attribute matrix configurable products
If you have an existing Magento Store, Accumula can be setup to map to existing attribute sets for simple and configurable products. This information is requested at setup.
Configurable Products play an important role in online merchandising. Generally, products that have multiple options should be setup as a product matrix in point of sale. Accumula supports all matrix types: size/color, size only, color only, and 3 attribute.
For best merchandising, you may wish to organize products with multiple color options into their own matrices( ie. red x small, medium, large; blue x small, medium, large, etc). Read more about Product Matrices and Configurable Products.
Accumula pulls product association directly from the point of sale database. Accumula associates products as Configurable or Single Products when uploading to Accumula.
The Matrix will create a Configurable product in Magento whose Visibility is set to “Catalog, Search”. Any Products that are part of that matrix will be associated automatically by the Connector and given a visibility of "Not Visible Individually" in Magento.
Single Products will create Simple products in Magento whose Visibility is set to “Catalog, Search”.
NOTE: If a Configurable Product does not associate to it’s Simple Products or a Simple Product Product is mistakenly uploaded as a Single Product, this may indicate the product data is corrupted in point of sale. Try using the Delete Tool in Accumula Settings to delete the Matrix/Grid from Magento. This will cause them to be re-uploaded and may correct the issue.