During each Magento sync cycle product association is the last step of the product sync process. A request is sent to Magento to associate simple products to configurable products based on the product associations received from Point of Sale.
When opening a Configurable Product in Magento 1.x if you see the following this means the association step has not happened yet, or is blocked:
Causes may include:
- The product association step has not yet completed.
- Some or all parts of the Accumula Module "Goodworks_ApiExtensions" are Disabled, Blocked, or not callable via the Magento API.
- The Attribute Set used for the Configurable and/or Simple Products is incorrect.
- The Attribute Set has attributes which are incorrectly configured.
Note: Lightspeed Retail does not use SKUs for matrix/configurable products. Some accounts may have association disabled to prevent duplicates from being created in Magento.
For this issue first allow at least 15-20 minutes for Magento to complete a cycle of requests. If the issue persists please contact our support team for assistance. If requested by our team be prepared to provide:
- Admin access to Magento
- Admin access to POS
- Details about specific examples such as SKUs and Screenshots.
Note: Magento provides little to no visibility into why our module might be blocked and/or not callable. In these cases our team may provide the error text we receive from Magento and direct you to review with a Magento developer for resolution.
Association Complete: Missing or Incorrect Associations
Product association has completed but a Simple product is not associated to the expected Configurable.
Causes may include:
- The products are not associated in Point of Sale.
- The simple product is missing an attribute value required for association. IE: A size and color simple product is missing a color value.
- Two or more simple products to be associated to the Configurable have duplicate attribute values in POS or in Magento.
- There are too many size or color attribute values for your server to process in a timely manner, and the association request timed out within Magento before it was complete.
Note: This means that across all your products you might have, for example, several thousand possible color options. This might be visible in Magento exception logs.
- Magento encountered an error while processing the association requests in your account. This might be visible in Magento exception logs.
If you've resolved the above causes and believe association should now be successful you can try to force re-association by performing a manual or bulk update in Lightspeed of the disassociated simple products. This will resend the request to associate the products as part of the product update sync process.
The nightly inventory sync for Lightspeed Onsite may also ﬁx this issue for items with inventory values that have been changed in the last 24 hours by unsupported update methods.
If you have any difficulty with associating products please contact our Support team for assistance.