Example error message:
We have updates about your data integration. Usually this means that some data isn't transferring correctly.
Please read the following messages carefully and follow the instructions in order to ensure that your data will continue to successfully flow between systems:
Shopify was unable to create/update the variant Summer Dress because it has a different number of options than the existing Product in Shopify. In order to avoid future errors, you may delete the Product from Shopify and update the Matrix/Products in Lightspeed to republish
The error indicates one of two things:
- The matrix/grid and items synced to Shopify previously, but a new item was added to the matrix/grid later on and not set up correctly. That new item is not syncing over to Shopify as a result.
- The entire matrix/grid and associated items never made it to Shopify because it is not set up correctly in the point of sale.
For this example, the error is for product 'Summer Dress'.
- Try to locate the product in Shopify.
- Compare it to the corresponding matrix/grid in the point of sale.
- The structure needs to match (i.e. color/size in both systems).
- Deleting the product in Shopify and resyncing should resolve it there is no obvious issue or all else fails.
- If you cannot locate the product in Shopify, locate the corresponding matrix/grid in your point of sale.
- Verify that the matrix/grid is set up correctly (i.e. if it is a color/size matrix/grid, is there at least one color and one size option entered?).
- Verify that all items in the matrix/grid have variants assigned to them.
- You can always untag the matrix/grid and items if you do not need it to sync to Shopify.
- If you still cannot resolve the error after following the steps above contact Accumula Support with the specific error you are receiving.
Note: If a matrix product is publishing with the variant titled "Default" please see our troubleshooting article here.