There are 3 types of Gift Cards:
- Instore Gift Cards - redeem instore only
- Shopify Gift Cards - redeem online only
- Omni Gift Cards - redeem instore OR online
NOTE: Due to limitations in the Lightspeed Onsite API, automated redemption of Gift Cards in Lightspeed Onsite is not yet available. All Plans support selling Instore Gift Cards Online.
Processing Instore Gift Cards Ordered Online
When an Instore Gift Card is sold online, the sale can be processed with a few easy steps in Lightspeed Onsite by following these instructions:
1. Open the Invoice with the Gift Card to be processed. The Instore Gift Card placeholder product will appear on the Sale with the Gift Card amount as the Selling Price.
2. Select the Instore Gift Card product and press the Return button and OK to exchange the Gift Card placeholder product
3. Review Notes tab to see if the Gift Card Recipient is known. If so, remove the Customer and add the Gift Card Recipient to the Invoice.
4. Add the regular Lightspeed Gift Card Product and set the price to the same price and Press Save on the Invoice
5. Scan/Enter the physical gift card serial number/code
6. The amount has now been added to the Gift Card. The Customer will be able to redeem the Gift Card instore during a future visit. Ship the Physical Gift Card to the Customer.