If your business is located in a country that mandates Tax Inclusive Pricing, you can utilize Tax Inclusive Pricing by adjusting settings in Shopify, Lightspeed Onsite, and the Taxes tab of the Accumula Settings Pane.
1. First, be sure that you have setup your Tax Codes in point of sale and that a tax code called "No Tax" with a rate of 0% has been created as per the Tax Setup Instructions.
2. Next, set Tax Mode to Single/Default Tax Code and make sure that your Single Tax Code is set to the tax code included in your pricing. You will also want to set “Tax Inclusive Pricing” to On:
3. In Shopify, adjust the Tax settings to “All taxes are included in my prices”:
If you use Lightspeed Retail, you're done!
If you use Lightspeed Onsite, be sure to perform these two additional steps:
4. In Lightspeed Onsite, go to Tools > Setup > Basics > Taxes and make sure that “Show
Specialized Tax Features” and “Tax Inclusive Prices” are checked, and press “Save”. We recommend also using the “Recommended Calculation” method:
5. In Accumula Settings, go to > Apps > Shopify > Products and adjust the Set Price setting to "Sells.Tax Inclusive". If this option is not available, use "Sells.Sell" (Lightspeed has changed this in some versions).
IMPORTANT! After changing these tax settings to Tax Inclusive, you MUST perform a Bulk Update of all products to ensure that the Tax Inclusive Prices are updated in Shopify.
NOTE: If your store will be selling Internationally to other Countries that have different tax structures, it may be necessary to further customize these settings using the Match on Tax Code tax mode. You may also need to modify your Tax Settings in Shopify to ensure that taxes are calculated properly.