Items can be updated using the our Item Import Template.
IMPORTANT! You will be importing to your active Lightspeed Retail database.Lightspeed Retail does not have a backup function so be sure to run an Item Export and check that all of your data is prepared properly before importing. Check it 3 times. We urge you to do a small test of 1 matrix of items first before performing a large import.
Ensure the following information is true for all items:
- Include information for the field that will be matched on from the existing items inLightspeed Retail. This must be either SystemID, UPC, EAN, CustomSKU, or ManufacturerSKU. This must be an exact match.
- Include item Descriptions fromLightspeed Retail in the import template.
- Include Matrix Group Name for each item. Lightspeed Retail will use this field to update the Data that can be updated in the Matrix: Description, Tags, Price, etc.
- You may choose to include information only in the fields you want to be updated. In this case, all other fields (besides Matching field and Description) must be left blank and Do Not Update Blank Fields must be set to On.
Once the template has been set up and saved as CSV, login to accumula.com and go to Apps>Data Tools and select the Product Import tab:
- Choose the file with the item update information.
- Select the matching field
- If your file contains blank columns that you do not wish to update, Set Do Not Update Blank Fields to ON
- Import file.
The import template MUST contain both the matching field (SystemID, UPC, EAN, CustomeSKU or ManufacturerSKU), Description, and Matrix Group Name to update.
Importing without matching fields will cause products to create rather than update.
Do not update blank fields MUST be set to ON to avoid overwriting blank fields.
Article is closed for comments.