Accumula downloads new and updated orders from Shopify every minute. Normally, each Shopify Order is downloaded as an Invoice or Sale in your Point of Sale. It is then distributed to any other integrations. This approach offers 2 distinct workflow advantages:
- Faster Fulfillment: No need to Invoice the Order or Reserve Inventory
- Tighter Inventory Counts: Inventory is deducted as soon as the Shopify order downloads to POS.
Orders are routed to store locations based on your Order and Multistore settings. Accumula matches the Customer on each Order to existing Customers by email address. Orders are downloaded regularly as part of the normal synchronization process. Keep in mind that syncs occur in sequence; products then orders. Please refer to Shopify for more info about Orders.
If you have Lightspeed Onsite and Pro Plan or above, you have the option of downloading Shopify Orders as Lightspeed Onsite Orders. More on that below.
NOTE: When making a large number of updates to products order download will be delayed until product update sync is complete.
Accumula's Shopify Order Settings can be found by navigating to Apps > Shopify > Orders. If you have Pro Plan or above, you have full control of these settings.
- Download Unfulfilled Orders turns on/off download and update of unfulfilled orders from Shopify.
- Download Fulfilled Orders turns on/off download and update of fulfilled orders from Shopify.
- Download Archived Orders turns on/off download and update of archived orders from Shopify.
- Download Third Party Orders turns on/off download and update of Third Party Orders from Shopify. These include Orders are imported into Shopify from Third Party websites like Amazon, Ebay, Garmentory, etc.
NOTE: Sales cannot be updated in Lightspeed Retail after the initial download. If you are using a third-party shipping solution like Shipstation that is integrated to Shopify and want your Tracking Info to appear in Lightspeed Retail, we recommend that only Download Fulfilled Orders be On. This will ensure that Orders only download to Lightspeed Retail after Tracking Information is generated in your third-party shipping solution. In this case, Orders will need to be marked as Fulfilled in your shipping solution before they will download to Lightspeed Retail.
Order Settings for Lightspeed Onsite
Lightspeed Onsite users on Lightspeed Onsite 2016 v1.0 or above have additional options on the Orders tab. If you have Pro Plan or above, you have full control of these settings.
- Download Orders As selects whether Shopify Orders will create Invoices or Orders in Lightspeed Onsite.
- Reserve Order Inventory determines whether Inventory will be reserved automatically on Lightspeed Orders.
- Create Order Deposits determines whether a deposit will be created and applied to the Lightspeed Order based on the Order payment in Shopify.
Read more info about Lightspeed Onsite Orders.
Order Line Items
When a Shopify Order is downloaded to point of sale, Accumula recreates the Shopify Order using specific products in point of sale:
- Order Items are created as Line Items using the Products in point of sale.
- Shopify Shipping charges are added using the Shopify Shipping product.
- Shopify Coupon Codes applied are added using the Shopify Discount product.
- Taxes are added as per your settings in the Channels Settings, either with a Tax Code or as a line item using the Shopify Taxes product.
Each line item description will display specifics such as Shipping Method or Promo Code used. You can also view more specific information about the Shopify Order in the Sales Notes section.
Each Shopify Order includes detailed information in the Shopify Order in the Shipping/Invoice Notes section. These details help give a complete view of the Order, all within point of sale, reducing the need to use more than one program.
The Notes section includes:
- Shopify Order Number - the order number in Shopify
- Shopify Order Notes - any notes added to the order in Shopify
- Payment Type - Paypal, Shopify Payments, Money Order, etc
- Amount - If more than one payment was applied to the Shopify Order
- Authorization - Authorized, Charged, or Pending
- Authorization Reference - the reference code returned by the gateway for any credit card transactions
- CC - the last 4 digits of the Credit Card number
- Shipping Method - the Shipping Method for the order
- Tracking # - the tracking number for the Shipment in Shopify
Whenever possible, Shopify Order Notes and Tracking # will be updated as changes are made to the Order in Shopify and associated Shipments. If you use a third party shipping solution, the Tracking # should update automatically once the order is shipped. (Please not that Lightspeed Retail does not support updating of sales).