Accumula downloads new and updated orders from Shopify every sync cycle based on your Order download settings. After the order is downloaded to your Point of Sale it is then distributed to any other integrations.
- Accumula recommends that you configure your integration to automatically invoice orders or reserve inventory.
- If you're unfamiliar with or new to Shopify we recommend reading Shopify's documentation about Orders.
- Some older plans were restricted from updating Shopify settings. Please contact Accumula Support if you need to make changes to these settings and they're grayed out.
- Faster Fulfillment: No need to Invoice the Order or Reserve Inventory.
- Tighter Inventory Counts: Inventory is deducted as soon as the Shopify order downloads to POS.
Accumula offers a number of features that support other workflow preferences. Please let us know if you don't want your orders invoiced or reserved automatically.
- Lightspeed: Orders are routed to shop locations based on your Order and Multistore settings.
- Multi-location users configure routing in their Accumula Springboard settings.
- Order Source or single location routing is configured in your Shopify Order settings page.
If you have any questions about configuring your order routing settings please contact our support team.
Accumula matches the Customer on each Shopify Order to existing Customers in POS by email address. If no matching customer is found, a customer will be creating in POS using the details received from Shopify.
Finding your Order
Depending on what solution you're using your POS may refer to the downloaded orders as Orders, Invoices, Quotes, or Sales. Please contact Accumula Support if you have difficulty finding your orders.
Orders are downloaded regularly as part of the normal synchronization process. Keep in mind that the sync cycles occur in sequence; products then orders. Advanced features like gift card integration may add additional steps to the cycle.
Note: When a large number of products updates are processed by Shopify order download will be delayed until product updates are complete.
Shopify Order Settings can be found by navigating to Apps > Shopify > Orders. These settings control whether new or updated Orders of the associated Status in Shopify are allowed to be downloaded.
- Download Unfulfilled Orders
- Download Fulfilled Orders
- Download Archived Orders
- Download Third Party Orders - This setting allows orders that are missing details to download.
- Orders marked as Paid in Shopify but are missing payment and/or transaction details.
- This often includes orders imported into Shopify from apps or websites like Amazon, Ebay, Garmentory, etc.
- Orders with Pending Payments - Enable this setting if you receive orders with pending payments and want them to download when you receive the order instead of waiting for payment to be processed. Orders must still have a pending payment.
Note: For the best experience we recommend enabling all order download settings except Orders with Pending Payments.
Note on Fulfillment Details
Many endpoints don't allow sales data to be updated after it is marked as complete.
If you are using a third-party shipping solution like Shipstation that is integrated to Shopify and want fulfillment tracking details to appear in POS you may want to use these configurations:
- Lightspeed Onsite - Allows updates to order/invoice notes.
- Auto-Invoice - Off - This will ensure inventory is reserved while you fulfill the order outside of Heartland. Manually invoice in Heartland after fulfillment details have flowed to Heartland.
- Lightspeed Retail
- Download Unfulfilled Orders - Off - This would ensure orders are only downloaded after fulfillment tracking details are available. Be aware this means inventory in Lightspeed is not removed or reserved until the order is fulfilled in Shopify.
Order Settings for Lightspeed Onsite
Lightspeed Onsite users on Lightspeed Onsite 2016 v1.0 or above have access to additional options on the Orders tab.
- Download Orders As selects whether Shopify Orders will create Invoices or Orders in Lightspeed Onsite.
- Reserve Order Inventory determines whether Inventory will be reserved automatically on Lightspeed Orders.
- Create Order Deposits determines whether a "Shopify" deposit will be created and applied to the Lightspeed Order based on the total payments in Shopify.
Order Line Items
When a Shopify Order is downloaded to point of sale, Accumula recreates the Shopify Order using specific products in point of sale:
- Order Items are created as Line Items using the Products in point of sale.
- Shopify Shipping charges are added as a line item using the Shopify Shipping product.
- Heartland: Reflects shipping in the Shipping Charge field.
- Shopify Discounts are applied are added as a line item using the Shopify Discount product.
- Heartland: Reflects discounts as a discount.
- Lightspeed Retail: Discount Code sync is available on our Growth Plan or above.
- Taxes are reflected on the order, or as a line item called Shopify Taxes based on your Tax Settings.
Placeholder line items will include specifics such as Shipping Method or the name of the Discount used. You can also view more specific information about the Shopify Order in the Sales Notes section.
Each Shopify Order includes detailed information from the Shopify Order in the Notes section. These details help give a complete view of the Order, all within point of sale, reducing the need to use more than one program.
The Notes section includes:
- Shopify Order Number - the order number in Shopify
- Shopify Order Notes - any notes added to the order in Shopify
- Payment Type - Paypal, Shopify Payments, Money Order, etc
- Payment Totals - If more than one payment was applied to the Shopify Order
- Authorization - Authorized, Charged, or Pending
- Authorization Reference - the reference code returned by the gateway for any credit card transactions
- CC - the last 4 digits of the Credit Card number
- Shipping Method - the Shipping Method for the order
- Tracking # - the tracking number for the Shipment in Shopify
Whenever possible, Shopify Order Notes and Tracking # will be updated as changes are made to the Order in Shopify and associated Shipments. If you use a third party shipping solution, the Tracking # should update automatically once the order is shipped.
Shopify - Refunds, Returns, and Cancelled Orders
Lightspeed Onsite - Invoices & Orders
Article is closed for comments.