Former users of the Lightspeed/MerchantOS Shopify Connector have a significant advantage when switching to Accumula's Integration. Accumula has built an importer for the MerchantOS/Shopify connector mappings that makes the process seamless.
If you are a former user of the Lightspeed/MerchantOS connector:
- Please alert the Accumula Support Team by creating a Support Ticket.
- Do not connect the Accumula Shopify integration without following the instructions found below.
Our Support Team will work with Lightspeed's Support Team to import your Mapping File from the old Shopify connector. This file will include the item mappings between Lightspeed and Shopify from the MerchantOS Connector so existing products will be linked between systems as they were with the MerchantOS Connector.
Important Point about Data Quality
The Mapping File provided by Lightspeed may not be perfect but can save hours of your time. Products missing from Lightspeed's file may lead to duplicate products being created in Shopify. Ensuring that your data meets the matching criteria for existing stores will improve accuracy and success.
Note: Accumula can also re-publish your items to Shopify. Please be sure images, descriptions, and other data from Shopify exists in Lightspeed Retail.
Important: The Lightspeed/MerchantOS Connector must be disabled before the Shopify integration in Accumula is authorized. Be sure to ask Accumula Support any questions you may have.
- You Perform the Lightspeed Retail Integration Setup.
Note: All Items and Matrices listed on Shopify must be tagged in Lightspeed with "Shopify", "Webstore", or "Accumula" before the Accumula integration is turned on.
- You Login to Accumula and grant access to Lightspeed Retail.
- When you are ready, Notify Accumula Support that you are migrating from the Lightspeed/MerchantOS Connector via support ticket.
Note: Do not add new items to Shopify after this request has been made.
- Accumula Requests Mapping File from Lightspeed.
- Accumula Imports Mapping File provided by Lightspeed into your Accumula account.
Note: This step may require additional time to cleanup partial data in the file.
- Accumula Notifies You that import is complete and you may proceed to step 7.
- You Perform the Shopify Integration Setup.
- You Disable the Lightspeed/MerchantOS Connector.
- You Authorize Accumula to connect to Shopify at Accumula.com via Apps > Shopify.
Note: Do not authorize the Shopify Integration in Channels until Accumula Support instructs you to do so and the Lightspeed/MerchantOS Shopify Connector has been disabled.
Disabling the Lightspeed/MerchantOS Connector
Once Accumula Support notifies you that the mapping file has been imported to Accumula, disable the Lightspeed/MerchantOS Connector. This can be done in Lightspeed:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Select Shopify.
- Uncheck the Enabled checkbox.
- Press the Save Button to save the setting.
- Return to the Shopify Integration in Lightspeed and visually confirm that the Enabled box is unchecked.
The Shopify Tag
Channels will continue to respect the "shopify" tag in Lightspeed as the cue to publish to Shopify. Be sure that all Items and Matrices currently published to Shopify have this tag before authorizing Shopify.
For new items, we recommend using the "accumula" or "webstore" tag to take advantage of extra filtering options in Lightspeed. Be careful when adjusting tags, as they control publishing for your Shopify Listings. Removing a tag may cause a product or variant to be deleted from Shopify.
MerchantOS/Accumula Shopify Mapping
Accumula integrates many more fields than the Lightspeed/MerchantOS Connector. Below is a complete list. Any differences in mapping between the LightSpeed/MerchantOS Connector are highlighted in Bold. Fields marked with an * have multiple source options in your Accumula settings.
As a precaution, Accumula accounts for Existing Shopify Stores will be set by default to only update Price and Inventory. Please contact Accumula Support if you would like additional fields enabled for update or it you have any questions.