Product option settings provide control over the source of critical product and variant attributes, and help dictate how the integration treats web products archived or untagged in your point of sale. The options vary somewhat depending on which point of sale you are using.
Below are the preset settings for most Lightspeed Retail users. Our Connect Plus and Scale plans offer customization of your product option settings.
SKU Source controls which field from point of sale will be sent to the Shopify variant SKU field. This helps differentiate between variants. The choices are:
- Lightspeed Retail: Custom SKU
- Lightspeed Onsite: Product Code
- Heartland Retail: Item Number
- Lightspeed Retail or Onsite: UPC
- Heartland: This can be any item custom field (text), but note that it will be associated to Shopify Barcode as well.
- Manufacturer SKU
- Lightspeed Retail: Manufacturer SKU
- Lightspeed Retail: System ID
- Lightspeed Onsite: Product ID
For businesses using Lightspeed Retail or Lightspeed Onsite this allows you to determine if you want to use the product Vendor or Manufacturer as the source for Shopify Vendor. Most businesses use Shopify Vendor as a brand field so the default is to source Vendor from Manufacturer.
- In Lightspeed Retail the field is now referred to as "Brand".
- In Lightspeed Onsite the field is called "Family".
Heartland Retail clients can choose the source for Vendor in the Accumula Dashboard under your Heartland Retail settings.
Set Price and Set Compare At Price
- If the price is lower than the compare at price the product will appear as "on sale".
- If the price from point of sale equals 0, the value for compare at price will display as the price instead.
- If price and compare at price are the same the product won't appear to be "on sale".
Notes about Pricing Levels
Pricing levels from Lightspeed Retail will show up in both dropdown menus.
Image Alt Text Source
- First Option
- This is the variant's first "Option" name. In most accounts this will be the color of the variant. For single products this will sync no alt text.
- Web Short Description
- This syncs the product's web short description from your point of sale to the image alt text.
Archived Product Action
Lightspeed Retail or Heartland users will see this setting as the "Archived Product Action".
Lightspeed Onsite users it will see this setting as the "Non-Current Product Action".
To protect against accidental deletions, the default setting is Ignore. In this case, no action is taken.
This mode will unpublish products from your Shopify "Online store". You can delete or republish them later.
Note: Update Visibility must be enabled for the Hide action to work. If Update Visibility is not enabled the integration will act as if set to Ignore.
Note: This action will only work for matrices, grids, or single products (linked to Shopify products without variants). Shopify Variants cannot be unpublished independently.
If you would like synced products that become archived or untagged to be deleted from Shopify, you may set this to Delete. Be sure that all of your synced products are active, tagged, and/or set to sell on webstore before choosing Delete.
Note: Product data manually added to Shopify is not saved by the integration. Please consider your risk of data loss before setting the integration to Delete.
Article is closed for comments.