Before beginning, be sure that you have the following information available:
- Channels Username, Password, and StoreName (provided by Accumula)
The process will involve the following steps:
- Stop Channels on the current server
- Backup Lightspeed
- Install Lightspeed Server on New Server
- Uninstall Channels from current server
- Install Channels on New Server
1. Stop Channels
First, on the current Lightspeed Server please navigate to System Preferences > Channels and click "Stop Channels".
2. Backup Lightspeed
Next, you will need to create a backup of your Lightspeed Database. Be sure all users are logged out and you have the computer admin password handy before beginning.
- Goto System Preferences > Lightspeed Server and press the Backup Tab
- Click the padlock in the lower left and enter the computer admin password to unlock settings
- Press the Backup button
- Once the backup is complete, stop the Lightspeed Server by selecting Stop Server from the Actions Menu
- Once stopped, select Remove Server from the Actions Menu
- In Finder, go to Users > Shared > Lightspeed > Backups > _Latest Backup and copy the file there onto a USB drive to move to your new server
3. Install Lightspeed Server on the New Server
Download the latest version of Lightspeed Onsite and Install on your New Server.
4. Uninstall Channels from Current Server
Next, uninstall the Channels for Mac app from your Lightspeed Server.
- Download the Uninstaller on your current server.
- Unzip the downloaded file by double-clicking the file.
- Click the Magnifying Glass tool on your computer and search "Terminal".
- Drag the "uninstall.sh" file into the Terminal window.
- When prompted, enter your Mac admin password (you won't see anything in this field as you are typing, don't worry!). Press return. The uninstall process is now complete.
- Once you've uninstalled the app, you will still see Channels in your Lightspeed server's Third Party Apps but Channels will no longer be authorized. You can close and re-open system preferences to be sure.
5. Install Channels on New Server
*Before running the installer please make sure System Preferences is closed.*
- Download the Channels for Mac installer and double-click to start the installation process.
- Enter your Channels Username and Password. These are the same username and password used to access the settings and logs at accumula.com.
- Enter the Lightspeed Username and Password that Channels uses to log into your Lightspeed.
- Enter the Channels Store Name provided by Accumula. This must be entered exactly.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process. If you receive an error, Submit a Request to Accumula Support.
The Channels for Mac preference pane will display an error if unable to sync.