Accumula includes images when pushing data to Shopify. We recommend keeping copies of all of your images in point of sale for easier product management.
Uploading Products with Images
Shopify uses a Product and Variant model, however Shopify assigns ALL images from a style to the Shopify Product and allows you to assign those images to specific Variants. If the corresponding Variants in point of sale use the same image, multiple copies of that image will appear on the Shopify Product. To combat this, you may wish to adjust your images in point of sale so that only one copy is present on the variants in the group so that you get the desired results online.
When initially uploading Products and Variants to Shopify, Accumula will include images saved in point of sale as well as assigning 1 image from point of sale to each Variant. Image support for point of sales is included in the charts below.
Lightspeed Retail Images
Lightspeed Onsite Images
When adding images to Lightspeed, Lightspeed Onsite resamples images to 512 x 512 resolution. Despite this, Accumula will automatically send the image at original size so your images appear in Shopify in full resolution.
The Update Images setting can be found on the Update tab in Accumula Settings. When Update Images is set to On, new images added to point of sale will be uploaded to Shopify as the products are updated. Because images slow down sync time, Update Images is set to Off by default. This keeps sync as fast as possible, else a copy of each image will be sent each time a product is updated.
Pro Plan users have the ability to manage this setting among many other advantages.
Update Images must be On for newly added images to flow from point of sale to Shopify.
- Navigate in Accumula to Apps > Shopify
- On the list under "Update Product Data" You will see a switch for images.
- Make sure this is set to On.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Most point of sale do not notify when an image is deleted. Because of this, deleting images in point of sale will not delete the image from Shopify. To remove images from Shopify, the images must be deleted manually. This protects any images that may have been added to Shopify manually.
An example workflow for changing images is as follows:
- Set Update Images to On.
- Delete the images from point of sale that you no longer want on Shopify. Save the product in point of sale.
- Delete the images from Shopify that you no longer want on Shopify.
- Add any new images you'd like to the product in point of sale. Save the product in point of sale.
If all data exists for a product in point of sale, you may simply delete and republish the product as so:
- Add and remove images to the product in point of sale. Save the product inpoint of sale.
- Navigate in Channels to Apps > Shopify > Delete product.
- Enter the product title and to delete the product and variants from Shopify.
- The product will be recreated on Shopify using the images from point of sale.