Accumula includes images when pushing data to Shopify. We recommend keeping copies of all of your images in point of sale for easier product management.
Shopify uses a Product and Variant model, however Shopify assigns all images from a style to the Shopify Product and allows you to assign those images to specific Variants.
Important: When corresponding Variants in point of sale use the same image, multiple copies of that image will appear on the Shopify Product. Please contact our support team if you setup your products with duplicate images.
Uploading Products with Images
When initially uploading Products and Variants to Shopify, Accumula will include images saved on the Matrix in Point of Sale as well as one image from your POS from each Variant. The image from each variant in POS may be associated to the Variant on Shopify only if the image was included during the product Upload.
Tip: Web enabling a product after all other data on the product in POS is prepared is a good way to ensure the product is uploaded with all product details (including images).
Image support according to Point of Sale solution is included in the charts below.
Lightspeed Retail Images
Lightspeed Onsite Images
Note: Lightspeed Onsite 2016 has been confirmed to convert images to png format.
When adding images to your POS, Lightspeed Onsite resamples images to 512 x 512 resolution. Despite this, Accumula will automatically send the image at original size so your images appear in Shopify in full resolution.
Springboard Retail Images
Note: Image Association to Variants is not supported when integrated with Springboard.
The Update Images setting can be found on the Update tab in Accumula Settings. When Update Images is set to ON, new images added to point of sale will be uploaded to Shopify as the products are updated. Image Updates are OFF by default.
Note: Users on an Accumula Startup (formerly Pro) Plan or above have the ability to manage this setting among many other advantages.
Update Images must be ON for newly added images to flow from POS to Shopify.
- Navigate in Accumula to Apps > Shopify
- On the list under "Update Product Data" You will see a switch for images.
- Make sure this is set to ON.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Important: Image data is very large compared to the other data for your products and will slow down sync times. As a result Update Images is set to OFF by default. This keeps sync as fast as possible.
Most POS solutions do not notify connected integrations when an image is deleted. As a result, and to protect our users from unintentional data loss, the Accumula integration is designed so it cannot delete images from Shopify.
To remove images from Shopify, the images must be deleted manually. This also protects any images that may have been added to Shopify manually.
An example workflow for changing images is as follows:
- Set Update Images to ON.
- Delete the images from point of sale that you no longer want on Shopify. Save the product in point of sale.
- Delete the images from Shopify that you no longer want on Shopify.
- Add any new images you'd like to the product in point of sale. Save the product in point of sale.
If all data exists for a product in point of sale, you may simply delete and republish the product as so:
- Add and remove images to the product in point of sale. Save the product in point of sale.
- Navigate in Accumula settings to Apps > Shopify > Delete product.
- Enter the Shopify product title and click "Delete" to delete the product and variants from Shopify.
- The product will be recreated on Shopify using the images from point of sale.
Note: Since most POS solutions do not notify the integration that an image is deleted, product uploads may include all images previously added to the product in POS. If you're having difficulty removing old images please contact Accumula support.