Connect Plus plans allow more power to manage inventory through special features triggered by tags. Feature tags are applied to products in Heartland or Lightspeed are filtered out of the tags sent to Shopify. They work whether or not the Update Tags setting is On or Off.
Draft vs Active
By default in new accounts the integration creates new Shopify products as unpublished and in draft status. The hidden tag is designed for accounts that are instead configured to create new products as published and active, or anyone who would like to manage Shopify product visibility from Lightspeed or Heartland.
How it Works
The "hidden" tag instructs the integration to unpublish the corresponding Shopify product from the Online Store.
NOTE: The "hidden" tag will only work for matrices or single products. Shopify variants cannot be unpublished.
NOTE: The "hidden" tag asks Shopify to unpublish the product from all Shopify sales channels except "Point of sale". "Online store" reliably respects this request, but other sales channels may ignore the request to unpublish the product.
If your account is configured to sync new products to Shopify as published, the "hidden" Tag will always be respected when first publishing a product to Shopify. You can control whether the "hidden" tag updates existing Shopify products using the Update Visibility setting in your Accumula dashboard.
When Update Visibility is on you must remove the "hidden" tag in your point of sale to publish the product in Shopify. If the "hidden" tag isn't removed from the product your manually published Shopify products that are still tagged "hidden" in your point of sale will be unpublished again on the next sync.
If you would like all new products to create as unpublished and draft by default please contact our support team.
If you'd like to sync specific products as unpublished you can use the hidden tag. Then you can update the product in Shopify, and schedule when they publish to your site. This allows you to coordinate new product releases and events.
Use the following workflow to sync specific products as unpublished:
- Turn off Update Visibility in your Accumula dashboard.
- Create and prepare your product in your point of sale but do not tag it to sync.
- Apply the "hidden" tag to the product in your point of sale. The "hidden" tag only needs to be applied to Matrices and Single Items; does not work on variants.
- Apply the "accumula" tag to sync the product to Shopify. Onsite users check "Sell on Webstore".
- Review the Product in Shopify and make changes at your discretion.
- Schedule publishing to the "Online store" in Shopify by clicking the calendar icon in the Visibility section on the Shopify Product. Choose a Date and Time and save.