Startup (formerly Pro) Plan and above users have more power to manage inventory through special features triggered by Tags. Feature Tags are applied to Products in Point of Sale and processed and filtered out of the Tags sent to Shopify. They work whether or not the Update Tags setting is On or Off.
The "hidden" Tag hides the corresponding Shopify Product so that it is not visible to Shoppers. This is convenient when first publishing a Product to Shopify as it allows you to edit and/or review the Product before making it visible to Shoppers. When applied, "hidden" triggers the "Online Store" checkbox on the corresponding Product in Shopify to be unchecked.
NOTE: The "hidden" Tag can be applied only to Matrices or Single Products (products that are linked to Shopify Products). Shopify Variants are not impacted.
NOTE: The "hidden" Tag also applies to all other Shopify sales channels except "Point of sale". Other sales channels may ignore this command.
The "hidden" Tag will always be respected when first publishing a Product to Shopify. You can control whether the "hidden" Tag updates the Visibility of existing Products on the Products Tab using the Update Visibility Setting.
When Update Visibility is on you must remove the "hidden" Tag in Point of Sale to make the Product visible in Shopify. If the "hidden" Tag isn't removed from the product, manually published products that are still tagged "hidden" in POS will be hidden again on the next sync.
Recommended Workflow for Publishing Products
Accumula allows you to review new Products in Shopify before making them visible to Shoppers and then schedule when they publish to your site. This allows you to coordinate new product releases and events. Use the following workflow to take advantage of the feature.
1. Turn Off Update Visibility on the Products Tab in Accumula
2. Prepare your Product Data as desired.
3. Apply the "hidden" Tag to the Product in Point of Sale. Remember, the "hidden" Tag only needs to be applied to Matrices and Single Items.
4. Apply the "webstore" Tag/check "Sell on Webstore" for the Matrix and Product(s) you want to publish. This will publish them to Shopify.
5. Review the published Product in Shopify and adjust, as needed. You may wish to reorder the variants, modify images, or edit the Product Description.
6. Schedule Publishing to the "Online Store" in Shopify by clicking the Calendar Icon in the Visibility area on the Shopify Product and choosing a Date and Time and pressing Return.