Data Tools makes it possible to import new or updated Matrix data in bulk. This is particularly helpful if you need to apply tags to a large number of Lightspeed Matrices.
For how to add items to a Matrix we outline how Lightspeed Items that aren't already associated to a Matrix can be assigned to a Matrix using an Item Import.
- Review Important Details and Best Practices before preparing an import or importing data.
- Do Not Update Blank Fields must remain set to ON to protect your data.
API Imports require the full import template. All columns and headers must be intact. If any cells or columns were deleted your data may have shifted and cause data corruption on import.
- Matrix ID is optional but recommended for matching.
- Description is required.
- Any data you want to import or update.
Integrating with Ecommerce
To sync a Matrix to Ecommerce it should contain:
- Accumula Tag - To flag a Matrix to sync it must be tagged with "accumula" or a web ready tag.
- Matrix Item Tags - Any variants you want created must also be tagged "accumula". At least one variant must be tagged.
- Description - A name is required.
- Price - A non-zero price is usually required.
How To Import Matrix Updates
- Export your Matrices from Lightspeed.
- Follow the guidelines on this page and in our documentation to create your import file.
- Login at Accumula.co.
- Navigate to Apps > Data Tools > Matrix.
- Choose your file (CSV format only).
- Choose your matching field (Matrix ID strongly recommended)
- Select Import.
Where to find the Matrix Import tool in Data Tools
In addition to the above we recommend the following best practices when working with Matrix Data for Import:
- Lightspeed does not support special characters, spaces, or case sensitivity in the Tags field.
- If you have an export to work with, Matching on Matrix ID is recommended.
- Only match on Matrix Description if your Matrix names are unique.
- If creating Matrices using Data Tools, we recommend running two imports. One to create the Matrices without tags, and a second to add the tags.
- Matrix ID is found in the URL of the page when viewing a Matrix in Lightspeed.