Shopify allows a maximum of 100 Variants per Product. Shopify was unable to add the variant (SKU) because it would cause the number of variants for the product to exceed 100.
You may see this error in one of the following situations:
The Product on Shopify already has 100 Variants. The Product Matrix in Lightspeed has 100 or fewer set to sell on webstore.
This Can Happen When:
- Variants did not meet matching requirements when the integration was turned on, and could not be synced.
- Your Non-Current or Archived Product Action is set to Hide or Ignore, and products were not manually deleted from Shopify when they needed to be.
The solution is to:
- Examine the variants in Shopify and delete any unwanted variants so that fewer than 100 remain.
Your Matrix in Lightspeed has over 100 Variants set to sell on webstore.
The solution is to either:
- Adjust your matrix data so 100 or fewer variants are set to sell on webstore. If your Non-Current or Archived Product Action is set to Hide or Ignore you will need to manually remove unwanted variants from Shopify.
- Recreate your matrix in Lightspeed so that two or more matrices have fewer than 100 variants. Archive or uncheck Current on the old matrix. Two or more product matrices will be created on Shopify to represent these items as a result.