Accumula supports integration of Multiple Shopify Stores to point of sale. Your Accumula Rep can upgrade your account to support Multiple Shopify Stores. Just let your Rep know the names of your different Shopify Stores and they will set them up.
When enabled, product and inventory data will be routed from point of sale to the your various Shopify stores using Tags. Orders will download to a single point of sale location for fulfillment. Accumula integrates Shopify with the following Point of Sale systems:
You must authorize Accumula to integrate with all of your Shopify Stores at one time. Please be sure your products are setup properly and setup steps have been performed before authorizing the integration for your Shopify Stores.
Note: Your Shopify integration settings at Apps > Shopify will be applied to each Shopify Store you integrate with.
Routing Products to Multiple Shopify Stores
To publish and update products to multiple Shopify stores, a minimum of two tags must be applied to the related matrix and products. Inventory may be routed to as many stores as desired on a per product basis by applying these tags. The name provided at setup for each Shopify Store will become the Tag used for routing to that store.
If you have an existing Accumula Account already integrated with a Shopify store, please read everything below before taking any action.
The 1st Tag puts the product in the Shopify queue, the 2nd Tag routes to the store.
- Tag 1: Webstore Tag/Sell on Webstore/Sell Online Box
Each Product, Item, or Matrix that you wish to publish to ANY Shopify store must first be tagged with "shopify" or "webstore" (Lightspeed Retail, Vend) or have the "Sell on Webstore/Sell Online" box checked (Lightspeed Onsite).
- Tag 2, etc: Store Tag
Each Product, Item, or Matrix that you wish to publish to a specific Shopify store must be tagged with that store's tag. You can refer to the Tag Reference at the bottom of the page on the Multistore tab in Apps > Shopify > Multistore. These tags are set when your account is created and can be adjusted by Accumula Support, upon request.
Example 1: Lightspeed Retail Item routed to the Shopify Store named "multishopify2"
Example 2: Lightspeed Onsite Product routed to the Shopify Stores "multishopify1" and"multishopify2"
Applying multiple store tags will route products to multiple Shopify Stores. It's that simple.
Integrating Multiple Existing Shopify Stores
When integrating existing Shopify Stores with point of sale, Accumula can match your existing products in so that a store reset is not required. To accurately match, it is essential that the following data matches before authorizing Shopify to connect:
- Product, Items, and Matrices must be tagged with "shopify" or "webstore" (Lightspeed Retail) or have the "Sell Online/Sell on Webstore" box checked (Lightspeed Onsite)
- Product, Items, and Matrices must be tagged with the appropriate Shopify store tag.
- Shopify Variant SKU match the Lightspeed CustomSKU/Product Code
- Multivariant Shopify Products and Items must be setup in matrices in Lightpseed
If data does not match exactly, Duplicate products will be created in your Shopify stores. More information on syncing to an existing store can be found here.
Adding Additional Shopify Stores to an existing Accumula Account
If you've been using Accumula to integrate to Shopify and want to add additional Shopify Stores, just let your Accumula Rep know and they can upgrade your account. When adding more stores, you will need to update the Tags/Keywords in point of sale to add the routing as explained above.
Before your account is upgraded, perform the following:
- Define Store Keywords/Tags - Let your Accumula Rep know the desired keywords/tags for each of your different Shopify Stores so they can configure your account. Make sure the keywords/tags are simple and have no spaces.
- Export Your Products - Perform a product export from Lightspeed using Accumula DataTools (for Lightspeed Retail) or the built in Export function (Lightspeed Onsite) so you can update your keywords/tags.
- Add Keywords/Tags - Edit the Exported file to include the keywords/tags you have specified for each of your stores. You only need to include products that you want to list online.
- Contact Accumula - We will then proceed together with the Upgrade Steps below
- Pause Account - Accumula Support will temporarily pause your Shopify Integration while your account is upgraded. Data will be queued automatically while the integration is paused so no data is lost.
- Update Tags - You will import the product files using DataTools (for Lightspeed Retail) or the built-in Import Tools in Lightspeed Onsite to add routing tags to your Products in point of sale. A routing tag must be added to each published product for your existing Shopify Store and additional routing tags for the other stores you want to route the product to.
- Notify Accumula Support - Notify Accumula Support once updates are complete to restart your Shopify Integration.
Before and After Examples of Proper Routing Setup
Tag Example 1: BEFORE - Lightspeed Retail Item routed to the original Shopify Store (named "multishopify1") BEFORE Multiple Shopify Stores were enabled
Tag Example 2: AFTER - Lightspeed Retail Item routed to the original Shopify Store (named "multishopify1") AFTER Multiple Shopify Stores are enabled
If you have ANY questions, please create a ticket with Accumula Support.