Identifying and Configuring Locations
Point of Sale Locations
- Open your Accumula account and navigate to Shopify > Multistore.
Our example has 3 integrated locations, "Tacoma", "Seattle", and "Lopez Island, San Juans":
- Navigate in Accumula to Shopify > Location Map.
This page will change depending on whether Shopify Inventory Locations have been enabled.
Shopify Inventory Locations Not Yet Enabled
Shopify Inventory Locations Enabled
If you've already enabled Shopify Inventory locations, you will need to associate a POS location to each Shopify location. Associations are one to one, and you should have as many Shopify locations as you have POS locations.
Important: Integrated point of sale locations that are not configured to a Shopify location will cause sync errors.
Locating and Enabling Shopify Locations
- In Shopify, navigate to Settings > Locations.
- If your inventory locations aren't yet enabled Shopify planned to enable them for all Shopify accounts on February 4th, 2020:
- Shopify Locations can have different names than the locations in your POS
In this example our Shopify account has some locations in Shopify that don't share the same name or address as POS. We recommend adding to or updating your Shopify location names so they are easy to associate. You'll see Shopify location name updates reflected in your Accumula Account so the locations can be configured.
Configuring Locations in Accumula
You're ready to configure locations in Accumula after:
- You've enabled inventory locations in Shopify.
- You've ensured the names you're using are unique and easy to recognize.
- You have enough locations enabled in Shopify to associate one to one with your POS locations.
The last step is to open your Accumula account and navigate back to Shopify > Location Map. From this page select the POS location you'd like associated to each Shopify location, and then click save. When you're done you should see a one to one association for every POS and Shopify location like this:
Note: Any data updated or created while configuring your locations settings will begin to sync as soon as your locations are configured.
Important: Any Shopify location that contains inventory or will be associated to any orders, must be associated to a POS location.
If you need any assistance with completing these steps please contact our Support team.