Setup CommentSold with your Accumula Integration takes just a few simple steps. You can start converting social media comments into sales that will sync to Shopify, which the Accumula integration will then communicate into your Point Of Sale.
Setup CommentSold with Accumula
Confirm that the "Send Orders to Shopify" setting is enabled
- Setup > Shopify Sync > Send Orders to Shopify = Enabled
Confirm that "Download Third Party Orders" is enabled
- Navigate to Accumula.co > Apps > Shopify > Orders
Understanding CommentSold & Shopify Sync - IMPORTANT!
With CommentSold and Shopify sync enabled, this sync will allow products, inventory, and sales to sync between the systems. It is important to understand how this information syncs, and be aware of how this may impact your inventory and reporting across your stack.
- Shopify inventory will sync to CommentSold, and CommentSold will update inventory in Shopify when:
- An item is added to a customer's cart
- A customer's cart expires and inventory becomes available
- An item is sold
- All of these inventory changes sync to Shopify as a Manual Adjustment, and in the case of a sale, the order will sync to Shopify and be downloaded to your Point of Sale.
- Accumula syncs inventory from Point of Sale to Shopify, and CommentSold syncs to and from Shopify directly. Unless the "noinventory" tag or Flash Inventory feature are used during live sales, this will cause inventory issues due to both Accumula and CommentSold making changes. Once CommentSold creates orders in Shopify, the inventory will be corrected and sync to your Point of Sale through Accumula.
Returns / Refunds
- Returns and Refunds processed in CommentSold are not synced to Shopify by CommentSold. This means that inventory in Shopify, and your Point of Sale, will not be automatically updated and should be adjusted in the Point of Sale if the item can be resold.
A growing number of retailers are using CommentSold, Shopify, Accumula and Point of Sale together to achieve incredible results. The Accumula Team has worked closely with our customers to ensure there are successful strategies for tying it all together.
For Single Location Stores and Boutiques
- If you run frequent live sales that tend to sell through inventory during your sale, we recommend applying the "noinventory" tag to items featured on CommentSold. When this tag is present in point of sale, Accumula will not update the inventory of the item in Shopify (and thus, CommentSold), greatly reducing the risk of oversales. This works best if you have a single fulfillment location and tend to sell through your inventory during the sale.
For Multilocation or Multichannel Retailers
- If you have multiple fulfillment locations or sell on multiple channels at once, the Flash Inventory feature is the best fit for success when using CommentSold. This feature helps ensure your inventory and routing are respected during high-volume Event Sales, such as a Live Sale on CommentSold. Please reach out to Accumula Support to discuss this option.