Setup CommentSold with your Accumula Integration takes just a few simple steps. You can start converting social media comments into sales that will sync to Shopify, which the Accumula integration will then communicate into your Point Of Sale.
Setup CommentSold with Accumula
Confirm that the "Send Orders to Shopify" setting is enabled
- Setup > Shopify Sync > Send Orders to Shopify = Enabled
Confirm that "Download Third Party Orders" is enabled
- Navigate to Accumula.co > Apps > Shopify > Orders
As more and more businesses adopt CommentSold, the team at Accumula sees the steps that have lead to success with CommentSold syncing with Shopify and Point of Sale, which we are passing on to you.
- Many businesses premier brand new product using CommentSold first, before making items available in store. This allows CommentSold, in conjunction with Shopify and Accumula, the time and freedom to function the way it is designed to. This also creates a sense of exclusivity for your customers, and the ability to have first selection of available sizes and colors. These sales are often done live, only on CommentSold, and sometimes after the store has closed, which provides a VIP feel for customers watching.
Cart Expiration in CommentSold
- Within CommentSold, the customer Cart Expiration can be set to a wide variety of time frames, allowing your customers to add multiple items and checkout all at once. Businesses experience success with limiting this Cart Expiration between 2-4 hours, as this allows time for checkout without potentially losing a waitlist customer if the purchase is not completed. This frees up inventory to be sold online or in store the next day.
Accumula "noinventory" Feature Tag
- The "noinventory" tag helps support High-volume Sales with Limited Stock. Use this powerful feature in conjunction with CommentSold if you have a single fulfillment location.
Accumula Flash Inventory Feature
- If you have multiple fulfillment locations, the Flash Inventory feature may be the best fit for success when using CommentSold. Please reach out to Accumula Support to discuss this option. This feature helps ensure your inventory and routing are respected during high-volume Event Sales, such as a Live Sale on CommentSold.
Understanding CommentSold & Shopify Sync
With CommentSold and Shopify sync enabled, this sync will allow products, inventory, and sales to sync between the systems. It is important to understand how this information syncs, and be aware of how this may impact your Accumula integration.
- Shopify inventory will sync to CommentSold, and CommentSold will update Shopify when:
- An item is added to a customer's cart
- A customer's cart expires and inventory becomes available
- An item is sold
- All of these inventory changes sync to Shopify as a Manual Adjustment, and in the case of a sale, the order will sync to Shopify and be downloaded to your Point of Sale.
- Accumula syncs inventory from Point of Sale to Shopify, and CommentSold syncs to and from Shopify directly. Once an order is present in Shopify, the inventory change will sync to your Point of Sale through Accumula.
Returns / Refunds
- Returns and Refunds processed in CommentSold are not synced to Shopify by CommentSold. This means that inventory in Shopify, and your Point of Sale, will not be automatically updated and should be adjusted in the Point of Sale if the item can be resold.