Accumula can match between an existing Magento 2 server and your Point of Sale. There is no need to delete your current store and start over.
In order for Accumula to sync to an existing Magento 2 database, the following must be true:
- Product Upload is ON in Accumula Settings
- Product Update is ON and at least Inventory ON in Accumula Settings.
- Magento SKUs must Match to one of the following in POS consistently:
- Lightspeed Retail: Custom SKU, Manufacturer SKU, UPC, or System ID
- Heartland Retail: Item Number, UPC, or Manufacturer SKU
- Lightspeed Onsite: Product Code, Product ID, UPC, or Manufacturer SKU
- All matching SKUs in POS must be current and by POS:
- Lightspeed Retail: Tagged "accumula"
- Heartland Retail: Tagged "accumula"
- Lightspeed Onsite: Checked "Sell Online"
Accumula will send your flagged POS products to be created, or matched by SKU using Magento 2's API. If a match is found it will be updated according to your update settings instead of recreated.
Important Notes for Lightspeed Retail Users
There are several important factors when integrating with Lightspeed Retail:
- Magento 2 requires a SKU as the point of reference via the API. If no SKU is present in Lightspeed Retail, Accumula will use the System ID for the Item as the SKU, IE: 210000001234.
- Item Matrices have no SKU in Lightspeed Retail. Their description will be used as the SKU to meet Magento 2's SKU requirement.
- Due to how Magento 2's API scheme, changing a SKU manually in Magento 2 will prevent your integration from being able to update it.
- To avoid duplicate configurable products in existing stores, Lightspeed Retail users should not tag existing Item Matrices with "accumula". Only tag new matrices moving forward.
Important Notes for Heartland Retail Users
Grids have no Item # field. To avoid duplicate configurable products in existing stores when first enabling integration, Heartland Retail users should not tag existing Grids with "accumula". Only tag new Grids moving forward.
Update Settings for Existing Magento 2 Stores
Before Magento 2 integration is enabled we recommend adjusting the following Accumula settings:
- In the Update tab turn off all settings except Inventory.
- In the Upload tab set Pricing Sources according to preferred pricing sources.
Multiple Magento 2 Stores
If your Magento 2 Environment is setup with multiple stores, products will upload initially without being assigned to a store. This means they will not be visible to shoppers. You can assign products manually to the desired stores or create a cron job to assign products periodically.
Products will only need to be assigned to the desired store once when first uploaded.
The initial sync can be very time consuming. Unlike day to day volume API requests are sent for every web enabled product in your account, in addition to almost all other types of data such as customers, orders, taxes, etc. Requests will be completed as quickly as your server can process them. A basic hosting plan may be insufficient in both hardware resources and bandwidth.
Note: Magento 2 servers will often need 24 hours or more to process the initial API sync requests. Regular day to day activity is often complete within minutes in comparison.
Existing Stores: Magento 2 Configuration Details
After sign up you will receive an email requesting Configuration Details. Please provide your Onboarding Specialist with your Magento 2 Configuration Details for your server before proceeding.
Configurable Attribute Sets for New Products
Accumula supports 5 different Attribute Sets in Magento 2: one for each type of style structure typically created in point of sale. These attribute sets are assigned to new products automatically based on how the products are configured in point of sale.
- Simple Attribute Set
- Size Only Configurable Attribute Set
- Color Only Configurable Attribute Set
- Size and Color Configurable Attribute Set
- Three Attribute Configurable Attribute Set
Each of these style types can be mapped to an existing attribute set in Magento 2 if you already have one. Each style must be associated to a unique attribute set, and the attribute codes for Size and Color must be consistent across sets. These details are requested in the initial email you receive at signup. Please contact our team if you have trouble locating the email.
Custom Configurable Attribute Sets
If you are using multiple custom attribute sets with different configurable attributes in Magento 2 you will want to do the following:
- DO NOT:
- Lightspeed Retail: Tag Matrices or Matrix Items "accumula"
- Heartland Retail: Tag Grids or Grid Items "accumula"
- Lightspeed Onsite: Set Matrices or Child Products to "sell online"
- Create Products manually in Magento.
- Associate Simple Products to Configurables manually in Magento.
- After configuration is complete:
- Lightspeed Retail: Tag Items but not Matrices "accumula"
- Heartland Retail: Tag Grid Items but not Grids "accumula"
- Lightspeed Onsite: Set Child Products but not the Matrices themselves "sell online"
These steps will cause the integration to link together the inventory items without creating duplicates or changing the configurable attributes associated to your Magento 2 products.
Preserving Custom Options
If your Magento 2 product data includes Custom Product Options please let your Onboarding Specialist know so that your account can be configured to read and respond to product data with the exact same Custom Options. This preserves the existing Custom Product Options in your account.
Important: We've identified that some versions of the Magento 2 API have limitations on Custom Product Options that do not exist within the Magento 2 User Interface. Please contact our support team if you have any questions about Custom Product Options.
Setting Attributes to Not Required
Please disable any attribute requirements in Magento 2 unless the integration will consistently be able to provide data for that attribute (IE: Price, SKU, Product Name).
Note: Not disabling requirements will block products from updating, and may impact other parts of your integration.