Important: The Magento 2 API links products by Product SKU. If the Magento 2 SKUs are manually changed without being updated in POS as well it will disconnect the product from POS.
By default when product updates are sent to Magento 2 only Inventory updates are sent. Your integration allows you to configure what Magento 2 attributes are updated on each successive sync cycle. If the product has been deleted from Magento 2 the SKU will instead be queued to upload.
Note: Please refer to the Product Attribute Mapping page for more information about attribute mapping between systems.
Important: SKUs that include special characters (# @ $ / < > & *), and using SKUs that begin or end with spaces can prevent Magento 2 from processing the product sync request. The same applies to product Names.
|Update Products||Send product updates to linked products in Magento 2.|
|Short Description||Update "Short Description"|
|Description||Update "Description", often referred to as "Long Description".|
|Type||Update Magento 2 "Type".|
|Brand||Update Magento 2 "Brand", often referred to as "Manufacturer".|
|Selling Price||Update "Price". See below.|
|Special Price||Update "Special Price". See below.|
|Inventory Quantity||Update Magento 2 Quantity on Hand.|
|Color||Update Attribute "Color"|
|Size||Update Attribute "Size"|
|Third||Update Attribute "Third", sometimes referred to as "Width".|
|Category||Reset Magento 2 Category assigned to the linked Product to match Categories set in POS. Supports up to three category levels. If category doesn't yet exist in Magento 2 it will be created.|
|Dimensions||Update Height, Length, Width shipping dimensions.|
|Status||Allows products to be enabled/disabled by the Hidden Tag/Keyword.|
|Tax Class||Update "Tax Class"|
|Visibility||Update whether products are searchable individually. This primarily impacts whether Magento 2 products not created by the integration are updated.|
|Images||Sync new and missing images from POS to Magento 2. The integration cannot delete or alter existing images.|
Default Update Settings for New Stores
Update Description - Off
- Ensures that you can utilize Magento 2's more complete formatting tools to format your Descriptions in Magento 2 without risk that they will be overwritten by your integration.
Update Images - Off
- Images take the most data bandwidth and the most time to sync. By leaving Update Images Off, your sync times are as fast as possible. We recommend always keeping Update Images Off.
The Magento 2 API sets the following requirements on Price and Special Price when updating products:
- A product's price must be greater than $0.
- Sometimes imported or migrated products have $0 prices in Magento until they're fixed, and if the integration tries to update one of these products (even if we're not updating price) we'll receive an error. A notification is sent when this happens.
- When the integration is sending price updates if the price in POS is $0 the Magento product price cannot be updated. A notification will be sent if the integration is unable to update other fields on the product.
- A product's Special Price cannot be $0 or greater than the product's current price.
- When the integration attempts to update Special Price and the new Special Price would be invalid, the integration will delete the current Special Price from Magento 2. This provides a way to end Magento Special Pricing from the POS.