While integrated your point of sale acts as the master source for product and inventory data. After logging into your integration you can navigate to Apps > Magento to configure:
- Product Upload Settings
- Product Update Settings
- Product Options
Product Update Option Settings
Options Settings allow you to configure SKU Source, and handling for linked products when they are no longer web enabled or current in Point of Sale. The name of the options settings may vary depending on the Point of Sale solution.
This setting allows you to choose what SKU in Point of Sale will be the source for Magento 2 SKU.
- SKU / Custom SKU / Product Code / Item Number
- Product ID / System ID (The Auto-Generated ID for the Product in Point of Sale)
- Manufacturer SKU
Archived Product Action/Non-Current Product Action
- The product is un-archived, made current, accumula tag is reapplied, and/or "Sell Online" is re-checked.
- The product syncs to Magento 2.
- The product is then archived, made non-current, accumula tag is removed, and/or "Sell Online" is unchecked again.
Setting Name by Point of Sale
Lightspeed Retail or Heartland users will see this setting as the "Archived Product Action".
Lightspeed Onsite users it will see this setting as the "Non-Current Product Action".
To protect against accidental deletions, the default setting is Ignore. In this case, no action is taken on the associated product in Magento 2. Ignored products will continue to sync like normal.
If you would like changes to result in deletion of the associated Magento 2 product, you may set this to Delete. Be sure that all of your products are tagged or set to sell on accumula before choosing Delete.
Note: Product data manually added to Magento 2 is not saved by the integration. Please consider your risk of data loss before setting the action mode to Delete.
Article is closed for comments.