Depending on your POS solution Accumula supports and may even recommend creating a staging or development account for connecting to your pre-production server. We can add this service to your plan for an additional charge according to your plan term (monthly or yearly). Please contact our support team if you'd like to add a Magento 2 staging account to your plan.
Options by POS
- Lightspeed Onsite - Due to Lightspeed Onsite limitations, development or staging servers require their own Lightspeed Onsite server separate from the production server. If you're able to provide a licensed server to use we can connect the development site to that server, and at a later date re-onboard the server as part of the production account instead (if needed).
- Lightspeed Retail - Lightspeed Retail accounts can be connected to multiple Magento instances using a different Accumula account (production or staging) for each. This makes it easy to setup development accounts for testing.
- Heartland - Heartland accounts can be connected to multiple Magento instances using a different Accumula account (production or staging) for each. This makes it easy to setup development accounts for testing.
Benefits of Staging or Development Servers
Sometimes we recommend using a staging or development server instead of jumping directly to production. Some reasons we might recommend this:
- Your site is already live and you want to review how the integration will work before potentially making changes that will impact your live site.
- You expect to go through a significant number of changes within Magento before or after going live. This might mean extra extensions or modules unrelated to Accumula which you haven't deployed yet.
- Your product, customer, or order data might change or be re-migrated.
- You plan to restore or migrate your Magento server at any point in the process before going live.
Switching Staging to Production - Best Practices
In some cases you'll want to connect to a staging site and instead of re-migrating your data or starting the onboarding process from scratch you instead want to make the staging site the production site. This can save a lot of time with setting up the integration, and our team only needs to know the updated URL for your live site to ensure the integration remains connected.
Please contact our support team if you have any questions